Garbage Disposal Repair & Installation
Garbage Disposals work hard every day to provide convenience and comfort in our kitchens. When they break down, it can bring our routines to a grinding halt. If you need expert garbage disposal repair or need a replacement or installation of a new unit, you can trust the experts at Z PLUMBERZ to get the job done right the first time.
What Can I Put Down the Garbage Disposal?
One of the most commonly asked questions regarding garbage disposals is what foods can go in them. The more important thing to know is what not to put into your garbage disposal. Do not put these items through your garbage disposal:
- FOGs (Fats, oils, grease)—This goes for any type of drain. Do not put grease in your sink!
- Fibrous vegetables & meat—These stringy items will cause blades to jam and can create clogs. Examples of fibrous veggies are celery, pumpkin, and rhubarb.
- Fruit and vegetable peels—Again, these items will jam your blades.
- Bones—contrary to popular belief, bones can be a problem for the blades and can create blockages in your pipes.
- Eggshells—The membranes on the eggshells can get stuck on the sides of the garbage disposal.
- Rice, pasta, and oats—These starchy food items will create clogs in your unit because they are thick and turn to paste when ground.
So, what can I put down the garbage disposal? Most of your everyday food scraps are fine, as long as those don’t include what we’ve mentioned above. Stick to small pieces and make sure you’re running water while you dispose of them down the drain. To keep your garbage disposal running in peak condition, use a vinegar and baking soda solution to foam and clean the inside of the unit. Put ice down the drain and crush to keep the blades free and clear of debris.
Same-Day Garbage Disposal Repair, Replacement, and Installation
Have you noticed weird noises, leaking, or simply that your garbage disposal unit won’t turn on? Not to worry! Z PLUMBERZ provides expert garbage disposal repair, replacement, and installation from licensed and insured plumbers. We do everything you need to get your garbage disposal up and running for years to come. We give upfront pricing and outline our services so there aren’t any surprises.
Click here for more information on Appliances & fixtures services.
Call Z PLUMBERZ now at 1-833-480-1256 to schedule expert garbage disposal repair.
Request A Quote Or Service Today