As more people look to buy or sell homes amidst the COVID-19 pandemic, and others look to improve their properties…See All Expert Tips
Preventing Frozen Pipes Before They Burst
It’s no surprise that frozen pipes can lead to a disaster in your home or property. We believe prevention and education are the best defense against frozen and burst pipes.
Tips on How to Prevent Frozen Pipes
When water freezes, it expands. If the water in your pipes expands too much, pipes can burst because of the pressure buildup. When this happens, water can come streaming out and flood your home or property. There is also the potential for the water to freeze and not burst, but this still creates a problem because your water source or drain is seized. After this “plug” has thawed, water can still leak into your home because the pipe may have cracked during the freezing and thawing process.
Here are some tips on how to prevent frozen pipes to save yourself from costly repairs or irreversible water damage.
- Open cabinets near sinks to let the warm air into your exposed pipes.
- Keep the heat in your home at a reasonable level, especially if you’re going to be away for extended periods of time.
- Wrap the exposed pipes with insulation.
- Caulk cracks and seal any holes to avoid cold air drafts—especially around plumbing fixtures which are susceptible to seal issues.
- Keep your garage door closed. Plumbing lines that run through your garage can be exposed to cold air.
- Most importantly, know where your water shut off valve is located. Should disaster strike, you must be prepared to shut off the water immediately to avoid further damage
Z PLUMBERZ is Focused on Prevention and Education
Our mission is educating you, our customer, on prevention and planning to avoid damage to your home and property. We understand how important plumbing is to your comfort, health, and security. If you suspect you have a frozen pipe, take immediate action to prevent the pipe from bursting.
Click here for more information on pipe plumbing services.
Call Z PLUMBERZ now at 1-833-480-1256to schedule frozen pipe repair.
Request A Quote Or Service Today
What Our Customers Say
Do you often notice unpleasant odors in your kitchen? Z PLUMBERZ President, Matt O'Rourke, is sharing expert tips for identifying…See All Expert Tips
Z PLUMBERZ of Muncie is owned and operated by the husband-and-wife team of Joe and Beth Sparks, 25+ year plumbing…See All Expert Tips