Preventing Frozen Pipes Before They Burst
As winter approaches and temperatures begin to fall, it is important to be aware of the risk of frozen pipes in your Muncie home or business. Z PLUMBERZ of Muncie has the expertise to help you avoid costly repairs and other problems related to frozen pipes. Taking preventive action and understanding the best strategies to protect your pipes can help you avoid a major plumbing disaster in the future.
Tips on How to Prevent Frozen Pipes
When water freezes, it expands and takes up more space, with the potential to put too much pressure on your Andersen home’s pipes. If the problem goes unnoticed or untreated, it can eventually cause your pipes to burst, leading to flooding. Even if the pipes don’t burst, the ice can block the flow of water. Once the ice melts, the pipes may have sustained damage that can lead to water leaking into the home.
Here are some tips on how to prevent frozen pipes to save yourself from costly repairs or irreversible water damage.
- Open cabinets near sinks to let the warm air into your exposed pipes.
- Try to maintain a comfortable, but reasonable temperature in your home, especially if you plan to be away for an extended period.
- Wrap the exposed pipes with insulation.
- Seal cracks and openings to keep out drafts, especially around plumbing fixtures which are likely to have seal problems.
- Ensure your garage door remains shut whenever possible. An open garage door exposes the pipes in there to freezing temperatures.
- It’s of the utmost importance to know where your water shut off valve is located in the event of an emergency.
Z PLUMBERZ of Muncie is Focused on Prevention and Education
Z PLUMBERZ of Muncie is here to help our customers in Muncie, Andersen, Pendleton, and other nearby areas learn how to prepare and protect against frozen pipes when temperatures start to drop. We understand how important plumbing is to keeping your home safe, healthy, and secure. If you think a pipe in your home may be frozen, take swift action and contact us for emergency assistance.
Click here for more information on pipe plumbing services.
Call Z PLUMBERZ now at 765-770-0440to schedule frozen pipe repair.
Request A Quote Or Service Today
What Our Customers Say